Finally, the long waited stable version of Scheduled Exams is ready for its coming out. For those who donâ€™t care to read the entire announcement here is the link to the new version:
From the outdated 0.1 alpha version, no longer mantained and usable, I have rewritten from scratch the app. Here are the new things added, in addition to the main workflow and features of 0.1.
- New UI: Now a graphic style is offered more similar to that used by Google, thanks to MDC, called Material Design Refresh or Material Design 2
- Three new types of list generation:
- â€œManualâ€: Lists are created by hand by the classroom administrator;
- â€˜Automaticâ€™: lists are created automatically (typical random draw);
- â€˜Automatic from start dateâ€™: lists are created automatically but useful days for the query are already established (automatically)
- Ability to print PDF lists individually or multiplefrom the reference class
- Integration with Maicol07 Account (SSO): You can now use your Maicol07 Network account to sign in (your old Account on Scheduled Exams was automatically migrated. For privacy reasons, you must reset your password the first time you sign in)
- Documentation! Available at https://docs.maicol07.it/docs/en/scheduled_exams/introduction
- How users sign up for classrooms: Users now sign up with classroom code directly from the dashboard. With the same code, you can also view the classroom and its lists (â€œread-onlyâ€) as visitors, without signing in
- Support for PWA (Progressive Web Apps): You can add an icon to your home screen to access the App faster without having to open your browser each time and type in the URL (Only available for supported browsers: check here for an updated list!
- Multilanguage support with Oscar Otero's Gettext library
- App internal structure. The following features have been implemented:
- Modular structure;
- Composer for external libraries;
- Yarn/NPM for assets
We hope this new app will reflect your expectations. Thatâ€™s only the beginning, more updates to come through this and the next years!